04 August 2012

Further university study

Well I've taken on some part-time post-graduate study, while still working full-time.

An interesting byproduct of this has been a renewed understanding, or reminder, of what it is like for my own students as they work each day at learning new things.

  • It's tiring and takes much effort
  • It's easy to get information overload
  • It's important to go over new things many times until they 'settle' into a clearer understanding
  • It can be hard to ask questions when you think you should know what you don't really know
So as I continue my own learning and professional development, I think of my students who, at their own level, are doing the very same thing.

3 comments:

  1. When you start studying with the work it is type of burden to manage both the things. While we need to maintain some things and balance. Nice post and all the best for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:48 am

    Hi ya, stumbled on your blog last year as I was doing my teacher training. I love how down-to-earth your blog is, how did your postgraduate course going now? It would be fun to read an update when you're less busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:59 pm

    I came across your blog through my 2nd year Principles assignment, and I love the way you write! 5 years in the future, but your blog has given me an awesome insight to where I'll be in just over a year! The theme of my assignment revolves around managing classroom behaviour, and most of your blog entries gave me awesome sub-themes to work around!

    ReplyDelete